In case you didn’t know, there are various benefits to using purge products. Use it to clean thermoplastic injection molding machines and all other types of plastics extruders. There are ways you can make these compounds work for you, while simultaneously saving money on resins. Learn more below from Phoenix Plastics.
6 MAIN BENEFITS
- With purging compounds, the plastic processor can benefit from shorter downtime when changing colors and resins.
- If you use bare resin alone, it will take up much more material, which can be used to make products. This ultimately robs you of revenue and costs you more money in raw materials and equipment cost.
- However, purges allow you to know there will be no contamination of your products. How does this work? Purging compounds assure a definitive change over period.
- Furthermore, faster changeovers also allow you to save on staff time.
- You can eliminate charring and black specs. Overall, there will be no more contamination from leftover spec resin or burnt fillers stuck in the barrel.
- We have a purge compound to bridge the temperature gradient between 550° -750°F and back to 400°.
Issues with Virgin Resins
Virgin resins only have enough stabilizer packages in them for one heat history. Once this reaches depletion, and you reground the inferior resin of the new product, it will cause processing issues. And this happens even if you reground a certain percentage of inferior resin. But you can completely avoid these issues by using a purging compound.
How to Start Saving
At Phoenix Plastics, we’re ISO: 9001 Certified! If we can save you just 5% in cost, the purge has paid for itself and increased your productivity! Then, anything after that is direct savings for your company’s bottom line. By using a purge compound, you can ultimately save valuable virgin resin for your products that bring in revenue. Connect with us today at 1-866-760-2311.